How to get the most out of your candle
Updated: May 16
Each Ivy Light candle is lovingly made to provide you with hours of fragrant bliss, it is important to follow the below steps on how to care for your candle to ensure your candle maintain their high quality for longer.
Burning your candle:
1. Light your candle in a well-ventilated room, keeping your candle away from draughts. This is because draughts can cause uneven and rapid burning.
2. When lighting your candle for the first time and thereafter, ensure you allow enough time for the wax to melt evenly all the way out to the diameter of its container. Once the melted wax reaches the glass, allow it to melt until it is 1/4" deep, this is the wax pool. This is important to prevent an uneven burn or 'tunnelling', which leaves a build-up of wax around the side of the glass.
3. Do not burn your candle for more than 4 hours at a time, this is because the high volume of melted wax can cause the wick to move position or slant. Meaning your future burns will be uneven!
Caring for your wicks:
1. Keep your wick trimmed to 5mm (trimming only when the wax has set)
2. Keep the wax pool clear of wick trimmings and matches, this is because any debris in the wax can act as a secondary wick, encouraging your candle to burn faster.
Finally, sit back, relax and enjoy!